Wednesday, October 26, 2011

interview with joey mondecca




abyss: You;ve been accumulating alot of buzz your newest mixtape the locker was talked about and hyped months b-4 the release how do you feel on the buzz you been getting and do you thing you have a possitive impact on underground hip-hop as a whole since ur fanbase spreads on a national level?

joey mondecca: ya my team be working real hard to push me and all our other artist out into the world to be seen. I bin blessed and cursed that my music has had some commercial appeal round the world. I work hard to stay on that fine line between who I really am and entertainment. But we just dumped alot into promotion and kept leaking hot tracks to keep the buzz going.I dont think I have a positive impact but I definitly set a example on how to conduct business. We gotta start looking at the over all picture not just the bad bitch in it which is the fame.lol 1st you make music for your hood,then your city and next the world. Its all business expantion. I aint trying to be a mom and pop rapper.lmao


abyss:i feel you on that man your one of the few local rappers with a eye bigger than the local scene, are you trying to make a career out of your music career or is it just a hobby and a side hustle?

joey mondecca:I'll always be involved with music. Probably more the business side. Rapping and performing is definitly fun and Ima keep going hard as long as I keep seeing progress and people keep telling me they like my music. Rappers dont understand that you need a dedicated team behind you to push with you. Musicians aint understanding that these ppl are more important then your producer.lol Only because you can lease and buy so many hot beats online nowadays. Or meet industry producers online. I record everyday. I dont just sit round the studio and fuckoff all day like the teacher aint in the room. I have fun but I get my shit done. Im just so goal orientated. Thats why Im on so many features worldwide. I guess you can say I take this shit seriously but I aint counting on it. Now Im really concentrating on working with B.i da Street Luva to makesure T.O.S keeps growing and pipelinetv.us/ is successful. So count on me being in this game for a while

abyss:Nice to see a rapper who actualy knows the busness side of the rap game most young cats dont know n0thin but the music side its def important to know all sidfs of the game what inspired u to persue rapping


joey mondecca:my fam moved from the bx to atown when I was young and the 1st people I linked up with were DocNice and Big Will. They a couple years older then me so I bin writting since I was like 8. We use to write to breakbeats on vinyl. Those was the days you could buy a single song for $2 and the instrumental was on the other side.lmao They inspired me to be involved in music. Now Im inspired by the ups and downs of life. So I write bout my accomplishments and my downfalls. I'll rap bout anything I got thru. I aint got no complexes!!! Thats why 99% of these rappers lie bout there lifestyle. They not comfortable with who they really are. That inspires me cause Im rapping bout what I do. Im mean come on every rapper got a song bout a shawtey but some these dudes couldnt get pussy in a petshop. They say they hustle but they just hangout in the streets all day. So ta finally answer the question the truth inspirers me. What they say talking bout howd you would do it will never amount ta going thru it.

abyss:I DEFFINTLY feel you on that deffintly in mainstream music 95 percent of all albums ARE EXACTLY THE SAME IN SUBJECT MATTER NO ORIGINALITY at all. hahaha someone remembers the 2 track singles that how most 90's rappers prob started speaking on the FALSEHOODS OF MOST EMCEES DO YOU THINK THAT HAS A DOWNFALL IN HOW HIP-HOP STARTING LOOSING ITS HEART AND SOUL


joey mondecca:I dont think it ruined the game. They just trying to give the people what they think they want. Lets be honest most people are very vain and America has turned us all into consumers. Who's always the most popular people? The person with the hottest shit. I think we sold hiphop to these corporate monsters. They wanted to take hiphop out the hood and make it relate to everyone. What does every use everyday? $Money$ Now the hood kids can dream bout having all these things and the rich kids can live like rappers and pretend like they hustle for all these luxery items. Its the perfect marketing idea. So what did the corporations do? Started cutting rappers 7figure checks. If someone gives me a milli trust they gonna get a big shotout from me.lhahaha Bragging bout money dont bother me. It tends to bother people that dont have money. Im against the fake gangsta shit. Gangsta rap has suffered cause the fake mutherfuckas but I dnt make gangsta rap so we'll leave it at that.

abyss:true everyone a gangsta nowadays u got alot on ur shedule you gunna tour to promtotw the locker at all


joey mondecca: Ya but plans change over night. As of now Ima be on the Left Lane tour which Jake Haze is organizing. Ima be performing at the Urban Lyfe benifit Oct 8th in Bethlehem. Then B.i,me,Sixx Burna and Bobby Crillz is organizing something Im not gonna really talk bout til we get somethings in order but know we gonna have a great show for you. I was dropping my clothing line Demigod this fall but I keep pushing its release back. Lets see how busy I get. Im definitly gonna do alot of traveling. You gotta travel alot if you want your name out there or you just gonna be a mixtape artist stuck in your hometown. I love my hometown but that aint good enough for me


abyss:I feel that thats one thing artist have forgot in this social netork age online is only gunna get you so far gotta get your name out the old fashion way with all the traveling u doing your name prob been heard by industry artist got any high profile collabs in the future


joey mondecca:Ya, Alot of artist hiding behind those computers.Lol ya and Its funny you asked bout doing a feature cause thats all I bin talking bout with my people lately.lol I bin reaching out to alot of producers. They really controlling the game right now. If you impress a industry producer. Aint no telling who you'll end up on a track with. so I reached out to Jahlil beats,Lex Luger and a couple more sickass producers. Here's a tip for the rappers if you kill a industry producers beat. Holla at him cause 9 outta 10 times he gonna listen to it. Even if he think u crap afterwards.lol But on the real thats how I met a couple people. If you cool,easy going and got some talent people ill work with you


abyss:U def got the industry down pat it seams any advice for the younger emcees to follow since these yung cats d0nt thnk past the cash


joey mondecca: I say do it for what ever reason you do it for. But do it dont talk bout doing it and just make sure you got a loyal team around you cause when money start coming in you gonna find out alot of people dont really care like you thought


abyss:true talk anyway you just released the locker you got any other plans for 2011 musically


joey mondecca:Ya Ima drop Burn After Listening before the year is up. I was gonna drop it on 9/11 but we said its to close in date to The Locker and we want time for this joint to get play. So one more mixtape. Then Ima drop the album next year but I already started working on that

abyss:nice nice so your deffintly keeping your name out there thats smart dont wanan rlelease stuff to close and have you rwork overlooked who are some artist producers we can expect on your next project


joey mondecca:My hommie Truth and Bam from Sc, Sco repping the GSC fam outta Sc,Mr420 outta FL and Geno both T.O.S South,Sixxburna outta jersey,Dirty Young Dogg and Rashady repping T.O.S Germany,my hommie So-Lo from Amsterdam,S Da God of T.O.S and more but thats just off the top with it


abyss:you got connections all over the world it looks this is what local artist wanna be doing and cant im bout to rap this interview anything i missed you wanna touch on


joey mondecca:Just Download The Locker on DatPiff.com. Hit me up on pipelinetv.us,follow me on twitter @joeymondeca and keep listening

No comments:

Post a Comment