Monday, April 4, 2011

burn the ballot: death caresses" REVIEW

http://www.reverbnation.com/burntheballot

R.e.g is known widley in the lehigh valley as a rapper but has before stepped into the rock genre with his previous band anti-heroes. R.e.gs newest venture into rock iwith burn the ballot, witch is a more rap/rock act similiar to rage againsts the machine. now at the moment quility isnt top notch lukly there are lyrics provided for the track. On the track death caresses they kind of remind me of (infest" era papa roach "this is my anger this is my pain these are the drugs destroying my brain, lonley and bitter ive lost all my shame, nothingness seeps in a forcefull degrade" these lyrics are more self degrating personal struggles that papa roach dealt with early in there career. R.e.g is the vocalist stays lyrically sharp like he did as a emcee not toning down in the talent department. The chorous is a screamo style chant "death it carreses" that you can barley make out even with better quility. The guitar sounds on point likei said ill be waiting for better quility tracks to judge better. The last verse is my personal favriote where regs lyrics seem almost poetic "this is my lover burn her with flames, smoke her or put her deep in my viens,she is my killer my soul to claim, my blood it trickles from needles liek rain" a nicley woen metephorical aproach on drug use. Overall i see alot of potential inthis badn lieki said awaiting better quility

ating

C+

2 comments:

  1. awesome just found out about this band became a fan, cool review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love these guys, but holy crap have you heard of spellcheck?

    ReplyDelete