Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Greg Jarvis "I Need A Win"



This track is 5-6 years old a classic in the 610 hip-hop scene by fallen rapper greg jarvis from allentown who was tragically shot and killed at the young age of 34 years old in philly. I remember seing him perform in either 2006 or 2007 whatever year musikfest opened there hip-hop tent. When i first heard this song it gave me hope when i was in a bad place and has always had a steady rotation in my i-pod. I was shocked and gratefull when i was searching the rapforever youtube page to see josh ramirez is planning shooting a video for this clasic and it seems there gunna re-release his classic psalms of the hood in his memory. It is a amazing thing that 3 yeas later people still remember this legend in the local scene shows how much impact a emcee can have in his community. R.I.P greg jarvis he would be doing big things right now if he wasnt gone

No comments:

Post a Comment