Wednesday, March 30, 2011

INTERVIEW WITH JAKE HAZE

www.myspace.com/hazemobilee abyss: when it comes to lehigh valley hip-hop your probably one of the most known, from emceeing, to producing, to your website dastashbox.com witch is the main source for the lehigh valley hip-hop scene and you did all of this in a year you came out of nowhere to leave a big impression did one day you just wake up ad say i wanna be heavily involved in hip-hop or was his something you was building on gradually? jake haze: It was definitely a gradual process, it was something I planning from 2007. I was gonna drop me and my squad's music, but back a couple years ago, that meant Myspace limbo. So that's when I decided to drop Da Stash Box. It was a place we could ALL be seen at that we badly needed abyss:you've been working on a new album the resume, what can we expect from it and who can we expect to see you working with both production wise and collaborators jake haze: The Resume actually is a mixtape with some of my best work and new songs. It's the songs that either have been most praised by my listeners and peers, songs that i've performed, unreleased collabs and new music. Red Mcfly produced a joint on it. Phillup Banks is on it. Omar, Colodge, T Marz. My whole Stash Box family. A J-Rock and Mel da Maverick track featuring me is on it. It's a good listen. abyss: whats your view on the current state of hi-hop both nationally and locally jake haze: . Nationally it's OK. I see the industry is shifting, and so is music. It's evolving. Locally? Everyone is buzzing and putting out dope content. Valley going H.A.M. this year abyss: what inspired you to get into hip-hop d who inspires your style? jake haze: Dr Dre and Wu Tang. I've always heard them and they inspired me hugely. I also like to incorporate differ genres into my music. The beauty of hip hop is you can take from other music genres, and you can still make it 100% hip hop. Hip Hop itself inspires me abyss: i first heard of you as a producer, if heard your beats have you sold any beats and who have you produced for or do you just do it as a side thing? jake haze: Yea FACE Da Beast made a banger from my beats, Ms Mello, Big Truck, Zo, Colodge, Jewlz abyss: congrats on the lv muic award for the track summer dreams i even said myself that was one of the standouts of your album do you hae any other tracks you plan to release as a single? jake haze: Yup, Get Used To My Name the video dropping soon. Also, I'm Gone aka Pothead's Anthem. Then I'm gonna move onto new material. abyss: you have gotten your name out though the internet heavy but the basis of hip-hop game froma strong street hustle you think physically pushing your product is improtant anymore since the internet came around? jake haze: It's equally important. Last year I physically passed out 2000 copies of my CDs, and flyers, Stash Box Newsletters, at the Lehigh Valley Music Conference, the Lehigh Valley Music Fashion Expo, at the awards themselves, Harlem, Phoenix AZ, New Jersey. It's alot of footwork. Internet is only a part of it. abyss: i havent heard anything from you redtop city click ina while can we be epecting anything soon from them? jake haze: Colodge dropped a new video a couple weeks ago, On My Shit. And a new single produced by me called Is This On is making rounds. We're hoping to drop Welcome To Red Top City 2 and Recession City 3 very soon

No comments:

Post a Comment